- To establish the base for lifelong education by creating essential concepts and equipping the students with necessary techniques needed to start careers in teaching, research and/or in any walk of live involving mathematics.
- To prepare students to learn concrete ideas of Mathematics, to analyze problems and to develop problem-solving skills.
- To encourage students to become effective independent learners.
- To encourage students to work in groups to get quick, true results.
The Duration of the program is two years which consists of 4
semesters, each semester comprises of 16 - 18 weeks. Total Credit
Hours: 66 credit hours
Two-year bachelor degree with A & B Courses of mathematics as per UE Rules.
Age limit is not applicable in this program.
(( Marks Obtained in SSC / Total ) x 0.25 + ( Marks Obtained in HSSC / Total ) x 0.25 + ( Marks Obtained in BA/BSc / Total ) x 0.50 ) x 100
The degree of Master of Science in Mathematics will be awarded if the student:
- Maintains at least CGPA 2.0.
- Qualifies the University Comprehensive Examination.
A comprehensive examination will be conducted after successful completion of the two-year course work. The comprehensive examination will consist of three papers; each paper will consist of two core courses and will be prescribed by the relevant Board of Studies.