- To establish the base for lifelong education by creating essential concepts and equipping the students with necessary techniques needed to start careers in teaching, research and/or in any walk of live involving mathematics.
- To prepare students to learn concrete ideas of Mathematics, to analyze problems and to develop problem-solving skills.
- To encourage students to become effective independent learners.
- To encourage students to work in groups to get quick, true results
- To encourage people to help other disciplines as engineering, physics, economics, finance etc using mathematics.
The duration of program is 4 years, 8 Semesters and each semester
comprises of 16-18 weeks
Intermediate with mathematics or equivalent as per UE Rules.
Age limit is not applicable in this program.
(( Marks Obtained in SSC / Total ) x 0.30 + ( Marks Obtained in HSSC / Total ) x 0.70) x 100
The degree comprises of 135 credit hours earned over a
period of four years (Eight semesters). The students will be awarded
degree subject to attaining:
- Minimum CGPA required to qualify for a degree is 2.00
- Qualifying the University Comprehensive Examination
The UE Examination Department under the guidance of the Division will
conduct Comprehensive Examination after successful completion of the
course work. The Comprehensive Examination will consist of six papers.
Each paper shall consist of two core courses and will be prescribed by the
relevant Board of Studies.
- First Comprehensive Examination at the end of 2nd year =3 papers
- Second Comprehensive Examination at the end of 4th year =3 papers