The objectives of the program are:
- to motivate people toward research with sound theoretical and
- to make up the shortage of professionalmathematicsteachers.
- to establish the base for lifelong education by creating essential
concepts and equipping the students with necessary techniques
needed to start careers in teaching, research, and/or in any walk of
life in volving mathematics.
- to prepare students to learn the concrete ideas of mathematics, to
analyzeproblemscritically,and to developproblem-solvingskills.
- to encourage students to become effective independent learners.
- to encouragestudents to work in groups to getquick,trueresults.
- to encourage students to advance in research, particularly towards
- The pre-requisite for this program is 2-year MSc or 4-year BS in
Mathematics from HEC recognized university or degree awarding institutionas per UE Rules.
- GAT (General) of National Testing Service (NTS) or of University of
Education,Lahore must be qualified.
- Candidate has to qualify the subject based written test organized
by University of Education.
Age limit is not applicable in this program.
For assessment and evaluation the University of Education, Lahore regulations shall be
followed. A copy of the same is available at the University website www.ue.edu.pk
As per University of Education Rulesand Regulations.